Recently, the State of Connecticut General Assembly awarded Dr. Laurencin with an official citation to recognize his many accomplishments as a professor and a surgeon at the University of Connecticut Health Center. And for “being the first orthopaedic surgeon to achieve university professor level rank in the country; and, the first surgeon in the U.S. to be elected to the Third World Academy of Sciences.
- In 2011, Dr. Laurencin was elected to the prestigious National Academy of Engineering (NAE). Learn more >
- President Obama awarded Dr. Laurencin the 2010 Presidential Award for Excellence, which recognizes outstanding science, math and engineering mentors. Learn more >
- The American Institute of Chemical Engineers named Dr. Laurencin among the “100 Chemical Engineers of the Modern Era.” Learn more >
- In 2009, Dr. Laurencin was awarded the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering’s highest award, the Pierre Galletti Award. Learn more >
- Scientific American Magazine named Dr. Laurencin as one of the top 50 innovators for his groundbreaking technological work in the regeneration of knee tissue.